We have been in the LED market since 2006, and have seen a lot of changes in the design of LEDs used in lighting today.
High Watts versus light output
• Don’t be fooled about the high watts output of cheap LED bulbs.
• The truth is most Chinese high watts bulbs produce low light output.
• The US SMD LED chips manufactured in Taiwan have a higher output.
• US LED chips are low Watts that produce higher light output.
• Also the benefit of using US chips is they will last longer due to their design.
• This is also the same in the COB design LED chips found in down lights on the market today.
The costs of LED lights have come down a lot over the years, due to supply and demand, but also due to the cheap Chinese LED’s chips fitted to most bulbs and down lights on the market today
So be wise; look for the better designed LED lights with warranty to give you value for money.